Life = Loss of Life

Surprised at the title of this blog post? Don't be.

This one is not a story unlike most of other my blog posts. This is just a thought! You're as usual free to agree or disagree; however, don't try to impose your thoughts on me. Thanks for your stopover at this blog. It's highly appreciated…
Let me add a little pretext to the sequence of thoughts, though the pretext has no relevance to the thought process. It's just there to add some color.

Pretext
I was pretty jobless today, as the training for the day got cancelled. I was just surfing the net when I got a message from Preethi. She asked me if I was busy. I replied "No, I am not". She wanted to go out for a walk and I joined her. We went to the fish pond and parked our asses there. I was quiet (usually, I'm this big bad blabber mouth). And since it is quite a departure from my usual self (read the text in the brackets), it disturbed the lady sitting by me (Preethi). She, out of seeming worry (real concern, of course!), asked me as to why have I gone so silent and why am I not talking? That's when I spoke (out) to her. I told her I'm BORED…

Thanks to Heath Ledger – May He Rest In Peace.

Thought Process Begins Here with a Quote

You know what I am? I'm like a dog chasing cars. I won't know what to do with it if I caught it – The Joker in The Dark Knight

Mankind (and for all of those who prefer gender equality and visibility – womankind) has since time immemorial been dissatisfied, disgusted, disgruntled, and PISSED OFF! We've through out our existence, cursed life and also in the bargain everyone who is not us, for the emotional apathy that we are in. As per Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan, a famous writer, we spend our life asking one or may be two questions – Why Me? Or Why Not Me??

I ask just one question – What's life? Actually sorry, I have quite a few questions – why do we live? What is living worth? What is at the end of life?

We spend our lives racing in the mad corporate world, we burn ourselves out at work to carve a brand image of ours, we work to secure our future, we get married, we do so many things that we are supposed to do, but do we ever do what we want to do?

We get married – for what? To screw a girl, lay down a few kids! They'll grow up; they'll screw some on else's child and lay down a few more kids and the cycle is a vicious one. We burn our asses out at work – for what? To make money? What do we do with the money? Spend it so that some other moron can make money and then he can spend it? Again the cycle is vicious. Are we going to carry anything that we assimilate here with us when we leave this life? We are going to go bare-handed, so why worry and be trapped within the confines of the four walls?

Isn't the eventuality of life – DEATH? Is there someone that's going to be alive forever? So why live? If life = death, then why live? I mean live worrying for tomorrow? Everything in life is so freakin' temporary except Death. That's the only certainty. Death stays with the man. Life is a leaver. Death gives you company.

So – let's not be dogs chasing cars. Let's just be!!

Comments

A Theist said…
U r right mate..

Life is the promiscous mistress and death is your faithful wife you go back to when you can no longer get it up...
Nick said…
Again !! The same Thought process.. Why "Life = Loss of Life" You need to live in this world. This article looks you at guy who is bored or rather irritated with his life why??
I wont agree life means a lot to me... life is beautiful.. there are lots of negative things happening around us but that doesn't mean we should stop living.. we should live for our self and for those who care for us.. i know its sounds selfish but that the way it goes.. MY LIFE SLOGAN IS LIFE=LOVE OF LIFE
Meera said…
this one got me laughing! so YOU... this piece, typical of an overthinking mind, Dr. Agastya should have cloned your brain, he would have got many more actions and reactions.
Ram said…
Hahaha... Wrote this piece when I was going through a bad phase :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Shackles

I am…